- Art Valuations, Consultancy, Dealing
- Specialist dealer in Master Drawings (1500-1920s) and Contemporary Pictures as Crispian Riley-Smith Fine Arts Ltd.
- Founding Director of London Art Week. Initiated and established Master Drawings London, now part of London Art Week and incorporating Master Drawings and Sculpture Week, in 2001.
- Chief Executive of Master Drawings New York, also established in 2006.
- Provide valuations for private clients covering a wide variety of disciplines, including furniture, pictures, and have experience in general valuations. I also provide specific valuations in the specialist field of Master Drawings for private clients and museums.
- Assist clients with the purchase and sale of pictures and other fields as required.
- I have written articles in Apollo; County Life, Antique Collecting, Master Drawings, Galleries and others, which can be seen on my website www.riley-smith.com/crispian
- I have lectured for various groups including the York Georgian Society and Kirker Holidays, taken lecture tour around country houses in Yorkshire.
Bonham’s UK and USA 1998 – Present
Consultant Provide consultancy services in Old Master Drawings.
Christie’s, King Street 1995-1998
- Specialist in Old Master Drawings Department.
- Wide exposure to all departments at King Street and South Kensington.
Phillips Son & Neale 1995-1991
- Specialist in Old Master Drawings Department, responsible for all business getting.
- Based in the picture department and had wide exposure to all picture departments.
The British Museum 1991
- Assistant in Prints & Drawings Department (Volunteer)
- Graduate Trainee
- Worked in various departments including Impressionist and Victorian Picture departments, Sculpture and Works of Art departments, and the Jewellery department.
Peggy Guggenheim Museum in Venice 1988
Sotheby’s Florence 1987